Accidents Happen. We’re here to help.
We make our best effort to expedite each claim that comes into our system; however, we do have a standard timeline that we follow so that you can be taken care of as soon as possible. Please understand that we take pride in each of our moves; however, accidents do sometimes happen. If you have filed a claim, please be patient and follow the following timeline and we will be in contact in the order that your claim was received.
If you submit a claim within our system of loss or damage, you will:
- Have a time stamp of the time submitted.
- Within 30 days, we will send a written acknowledgement of receipt of the claim.
- Within 120 days, we will:
- Pay the claim, or
- Send written notification of decline to pay the claim, or
- Make a firm compromise settlement offer in writing.
Thank you for your understanding and know that we appreciate you trusting us with recent move and want to take every step possible to ensure that if an accident did happen at our fault, we will make every effort to rectify the situation, immediately.
To submit a claim for a recently completed move with Helping Hands Moving, please fill out the form below to begin the claims process. If you need assistance, please call 800-409-7507 ext 2.
SALVAGE PROCEDURE: All damaged items which are replaced, or for which the full replacement value will be paid, become the property of Helping Hands Moving Company (HHMC) upon settling the claim. HHMC will have 30 calendar days from the claim settlement date to take possession of the salvage item(s) with a single item value of $50.00 or more. If the salvageable item is unavailable to HHMC, 25% of the item’s (items’) replacement value will be deducted from the settlement offer for that item.
DO NOT DISCARD ANY CLAIMED ITEMS OR DAMAGED CARTONS UNTIL WE HAVE HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO INSPECT THEM. DISCARDING OR UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS TO ANY ITEMS PRIOR TO INSPECTION MAY AFFECT OR FORCE A DENIED ON YOUR CLAIM SETTLEMENT.
- Thoroughly answer all questions to avoid unnecessary delay in concluding your claim.
- Include detailed information to the best of your knowledge regarding lost or damaged items. When describing articles, give as much information as possible such as color, kind of material, model numbers, trade/name, manufacturer, etc.
- Please remember any articles found damaged must be kept available for inspection (including the container in which it was packed).
In submitting this form electronically, I certify and agree that my name in the space below is true and correct and by such submittal I bind and legally obligate myself to the same extent as I would by signing my name on a printed paper version of this form.
I have full knowledge of the penalties involved for willfully making a false, fictitious or fraudulent claim (Section 287 or Title 18, United States Code, provides a maximum fine of $10,000.00 or imprisonment for five years or both).